NNESL Weather Cancellation Information
WEATHER CANCELLATION POLICY & PROCEDURE
It is the home team's decision as to whether or not a game is to be cancelled based upon their field conditions. The weather across the state can be very random, therefore it will be the home teams location manager/ field coordinator that will make the call. Please make every effort to get the games played as long as it is safe to do so. Soccer may be played in the rain as long as the conditions are safe.
If weather forecasts are bad for the entire day, it will then be the home teams location manager to take this into consideration with making this decision. Remember, safety needs to be a priority.
- If the decision is made to cancel the game, Submit the Game Cancellation Form you received from the league
- Once submitted check the Game Cancellation Sheet to make sure your information was competed
- After posting, CALL the coach of the opposing team. Do not rely just on email.
- Both steps must be completed in order to cancel the game due to weather.
- Making up the game will be handled as a game change request. Coordinate with the opposing coach on when the game will be made up, enter the "reason for change request" as weather cancellation and provide the new date and time. Games will need 3 days to allow to referee coverage for a weather related makeup game. If you are attempting to make up the game sooner than 3 days, you will need to contact the league director for approval before notifying both teams.
- Emailed weather cancellations of games will not be accepted.
- PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THE TRAVEL DISTANCE OF YOUR OPPONENT
- Email the League Admin your cancellation infomation to firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com
- Game Cancellation Form (Weather Event)
If you hear thunder or see lightning a game is to be stopped immediately (or not started if prior to kickoff) and there is a MANDATORY 30 minute waiting period from the last hearing of thunder or sight of lightning before a game may be restarted.
- A game which has been started and then stopped by the referee due to weather or field conditions will be resumed from the point of stoppage if this can be done within the same day.
- If this cannot be done because of continuing weather or field conditions or darkness, the game will be rescheduled and replayed in its entirety, unless, the game has already been started in the second half, at which time the result will stand, or unless, in the sole and absolute discretion of the League Director, another result is appropriate.
- The League Director shall also, on request or on his or her own initiative, investigate and determine the result of any game either: [a] stopped due to weather or field conditions and not resumed for reasons other than