Club COVID Contacts
The Northern New England Soccer League is working to create a set of guidelines in alignment with the states of New Hampshire, Maine, and Massachusetts ahead of the Spring 2021 season. League policies will be updated as additional information and resources become available.
SPRING 2021 POLICIES RETURN TO PLAY GUIDELINES DOCUMENT
NOTE: NNESL's policy on face coverings has been updated effective 5/4/21 for the Spring 2021 season.
- Face coverings are no longer required for players during active play.
- Face coverings for bench areas (including coaches) and spectators are recommended if social distancing cannot be maintained.
- Local municipalities and/or individual facilities may have policies on face coverings with strict rules; those policies must be followed per local ordinance.
- If players wish to wear face coverings during active play, they should allow for breakaway and loop over the ear for the safety of the player. Neck gaiters are not allowed as they pose a choking hazard for players.
- This policy was modified per the recent outdoor recommendations released by the CDC and is subject to change. The NNESL Board will reevaluate its mask policy every 2 weeks throughout the Spring 2021 season.
ROSTER/PASSCARD MODIFICATIONS for Spring 2021
SPRING 2021 CLUB CHECKLIST
Click here to view the recommended tasks all member clubs should consider ahead of the Spring 2021 season.
CHECKLIST FOR COACHES
Click here for a CDC recommended checklist to assist coaches as they prepare for the season!
WHAT ARE THE CURRENT STATE RESTRICTIONS FOR SOCCER?
Each state has a different set of guidance for youth sports. Below is a brief description of where each state stands as of March 24th, 2021. Please reference the state youth/amateur sports guidance documents for full details.
Maine: Phase 3; Soccer is listed in the "moderate risk" category. Games/scrimmages are allowed vs interstate competition per Level 6 state guidance for community sports. Face coverings are required. Last updated 3/13/21
Massachusetts: Phase 4, Step 1; Soccer is listed in the "moderate risk" category. Team based training, scrimmages are allowed while taking measures to mitigate exposure; Participants & spectators are required to wear masks at all times; Out of state teams are now allowed to play at Massachusetts facilities. Last updated 3/22/21
New Hampshire: Safer at Home; Team/group based training, scrimmages, games, and jamborees are permitted; Face coverings are strongly recommended. Last updated 4/16/21